Our Daily Manna 10 November 2019
TOPIC: THE SECRET OF ASKING QUESTIONS!
BASIC SCRIPTURES: DEUTERONOMY 1: 1-14; REVELATION 1: 5-6
Isidor Isaac Rabi was an Austrian born, American Physicist who won a Nobel Prize in Physics for his work in nuclear science. He was once asked how he became a scientist. Rabi explained that each day after school, his mother would discuss his school day with him. She was less interested in what he had learned than in whether he had “asked a good question today.” She encouraged inquiry and curiosity in all that young Isidor did.
Our Daily Manna 10 November 2019
“Asking good questions,” Rabi explained, “made me become a scientist.” No wonder Brooks Atkinson, Pulitzer Prize winning journalist for the New York Times and drama critic once wrote: “The most fatal illusion is the settled point of view. Since life is growth and motion, a fixed point of view kills anybody who has one.” Losing our child-like curiosity — our sense of wonder and discovery is replaced with cynicism and apathy — “been there, done that, what else is new?” One of the most prolific artists in history (he created more than 20,000 works), the Spanish painter and sculptor, Pablo Picasso, has been called the greatest artist of the 20th century.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
He once observed, “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” As 2019 ends, determine to EXPLORE and PRESS DEEPER into the things of God! ASK QUESTIONS! Cry out for more! Why have you not been able to finish the Bible? Remember what He told the Jews who were so used to suffering. They came to a place of COMFORT and decided that it was time to SETTLE THERE! Our Daily Manna 10 November 2019
But Deuteronomy 1: 6-8 says: “The Lord our God spake unto us in Horeb, saying, “Ye have dwelt long enough in this mount: Turn you, and take your journey, and go to the mount of the Amorites, and unto all the places nigh thereunto, in the plain, in the hills, and in the vale, and in the south, and by the sea side, to the land of the Canaanites, and unto Lebanon, unto the great river…Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land…”
He has set the land before you! Go and POSSESS IT! He has set the WORD before you! Go in and discover more than you know now! Then Proverbs 25:2 (NIV) says: “It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.” So like a king that you are, (See Revelation 1: 6), YOU MUST SPEND YOUR LIFE SEARCHING OUT THE HIDDEN MYSTERIES OF CREATION AND THE HIDDEN WONDERS of your God! Begin today!
PRAYER POINTS: Take any song of adoration to God.
1. Pray about today’s word as led now.
2. Repent from laziness and lack of hunger to know more. Our Daily Manna 10 November 2019 – THE SECRET OF ASKING QUESTIONS!
3. Repent from laziness in ASKING QUESTIONS. Our Daily Manna 10 November 2019 – THE SECRET OF ASKING QUESTIONS!
- I am a king and a priest unto my God. Therefore I arise today and determine to know more. I shall read more! I shall search out for deeper things of the WORD. I shall read and study the Word afresh. I refuse to remain with the crowd or mixed multitude! I shall get to the place where DEEP calleth unto DEEP. So help me God!
- Pray about the remaining days of 2019. Loose an end-of-year testimony for yourself.
Our Daily Manna 10 November 2019 – THE SECRET OF ASKING QUESTIONS!